Browse all current and upcoming events, exhibitions, performances, lectures, and educational workshops exploring creativity from all angles.
Delve deeply into topical explorations with our seasons, collections of exhibits, performances, lectures, and educational workshops centered on a central notion.
Browse all past programs supporting our mission of exploring the creative process and seeing things differently.
Browse all programs for exhibitions featuring item-based creative endeavors.
Browse all programs for performance pieces showcasing live creativity in action.
Browse all programs focused on guest lectures covering wide-ranging topics in the artistic and creative fields.
Browse all programs related to educational workshops, classes, and conferences, bringing hands-on enlightenment to creative topics and crafts.
We are uniquely equipped to manage a restricted number of visitors due to our large gallery space, and have carefully adhered to city, state, and federal COVID-19 guidelines when planning for our doors opening. To ensure the safety of our visitors and staff, the KANEKO Team has created a system of new requirements that include limiting the number of people allowed in the space and require that guests reserve a Free Admission Reservation for entry.
To prepare for your visit please read the information below about our New Access and Hours, Guest Code of Conduct, and How to Reserve a Required Free Admission Reservation. If you have any questions or require assistance, please call us ahead of your visit: (402) 341-3800.
• No more than 50 guests will be admitted into KANEKO at one time*
• All guests must reserve a Required Free Admission Reservation in advance of their visit
• All guests must enter KANEKO through our main entrance on the corner of 11th and Jones and exit through our back door on 12th St.
• Access to the KANEKO-UNO Creative Library is through the Library Entrance (clearly marked) on 12th St.
• Hours are Thursday & Friday 1-7 pm, Saturday & Sunday 12-5 pm *Saturday 10 am-11:45 pm Family Time (parents/caregivers with children under 12 only – more info on website)
* Private parties of established cohorts may be an exception- please inquire about private rentals here
Schedule Your Visit: guests will only be admitted with a Required Free Admission Reservation
Wear a Mask: masks are required in all of our galleries and public spaces
Keep Others Safe: do not come to KANEKO if you are not feeling well, have a fever, or have been in contact with a sick person within the last two weeks
Keep a Distance: stand at least 6 feet away from other visitors. The number of people allowed into each gallery space at a time will be clearly marked.
Stay Sanitized: wash your hands often and use our sanitizer stations to keep your hands clean
Be Kind: our staff is working hard to ensure your safety so please be patient when following our directions
Visiting our gallery spaces is still free of charge but all guests must reserve a Required Free Admission Reservation. This process is in place to assure that we can time all visits to avoid overcrowding.
By reserving a Required Free Admission you are agreeing to adhere to KANEKO policies and our Guest Code of Conduct.
What should I expect when I arrive at the KANEKO on the day of my reservation?
• The doors will be open to the public and visitors will be asked to keep a distance of 6 feet from each other when/if waiting to check-in at the reception desk
• Protective shields have been installed at the admissions desk to reduce contact between gallery supervisors and visitors
• Our gallery supervisors will check you in at the reception desk – this is a touchless process
• You will be asked to sanitize your hands before entering the galleries
• Masks are required to enter KANEKO
Do I have to buy reservations for my child?
In order to control traffic, we ask that reservations are purchased for children over the age of 1. Children must be supervised at all times and are also required to wear masks. Please note that in addition to welcoming children during regular hours, we also have Saturday Morning Family Time set aside just for people with children – find more information here
What is being exhibited at KANEKO?
View our current open exhibitions. Currently, four gallery spaces are open (lower level) and the number of people in each gallery space will be limited and clearly marked.
How long can I stay at KANEKO once I’m there?
All reservations are for forty-five minutes. Once your time is up you will be politely asked to move toward the exit so our staff can clean the galleries for the next group.
How is KANEKO changing its cleaning strategy to maintain safety?
KANEKO staff are following enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols based on health and safety guidelines provided by the city, state, and federal authorities.
Will you be offering any programming with these new policies?
Yes, we will be holding events for our yearly fundraiser Soiree and other programs as we move forward but they will be developed with our COVID-19 policy guidelines in mind. You can find updates for all KANEKO events and programs on our website thekeneko.org
What services are available?
• No coat or bag check is available at this time. We do not allow large bags or backpacks in our galleries so you will have to carry coats/small items with you in the galleries. Please plan ahead and do not overburden yourself for your visit
• All doors in public areas of KANEKO will be propped open
• Additionally, all of KANEKO public restroom flush mechanisms and faucets are touch-free and paper towels are provided instead of hand dryers
• Drinking fountains are not in service
• Elevators are currently not in service because the second-floor galleries are closed. When they reopen, we will allow access to the elevators with capacity restrictions and keypads will be sanitized regularly.
Can I renew my membership while I’m at the KANEKO?
Yes! We are able to process touchless payments to begin or renew a membership at our reception desk. We are not handling cash at this time. You can also manage online or contact the membership department by emailing email@example.com by calling (402) 341-3800.